1. How are my sewer charges determined? 
    Your monthly sewer bill is based on your water consumption. The District obtains consumption readings from WV American Water and applies the sewer rate approved by the WV Public Service Commission. Sissonville PSD's current approved tariff can be viewed here.
  2. What is the security deposit? 
    The security deposit is to secure the payment of sewer service rates and charges and is required to be paid by all new sewer customers. After a customer, who is not a tenant, has paid their sewer bill for twelve (12) consecutive months without a delinquency, the District will refund the deposit plus interest. If the customer is a tenant, the security deposit plus interest is refunded when the customer discontinues service with the District. If an unpaid account balance exists at the time the security deposit is payable to the customer, the security deposit plus interest will be applied to the customer’s unpaid account balance.
  3. What should I do if my water has been terminated for non-payment of sewer charges?
    Call Sissonville PSD’s customer service center at 1-304-759-8517, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  4. Why is my sewer bill so high?
    Your sewer bill is based on the amount of water used during the billing cycle. If you feel that your water consumption is high, call WV American Water at 1-800-685-8660.
  5. I have just bought/rented a new property and I need to transfer the sewer service into my name.  What do I need to do?
    You must first call WV American Water at 1-800-685-8660 to establish water service in your name and obtain an account number. Next, you will have to complete the sewer application, provide a copy of your photo id, and pay a security deposit. The application must be returned to Sissonville PSD’s office at 6438 Sissonville Drive.
  6. How do I pay my security deposit?
    The security deposit can be paid with cash or a check or money order made payable to Sissonville PSD. The District is unable to accept electronic payments for security deposits at this time.
  7. What forms of payment are accepted for my monthly sewer bill?
    You may pay your bill by mailing a check or money order, using a credit or debit card by visiting our website or calling customer service, pay in person at City National Bank located at 120 Kanawha Blvd., Charleston or visit www.checkfreepay.com to find other payment locations.
  8. What if I did not receive my bill in the mail?
    Call customer service if you did not receive your monthly bill. You are responsible for paying the bill whether it is received or not.
  9. Who should I contact if I need to have the sewer line located prior to digging a ditch, post hole, planting a tree, etc.?
    Always contact Miss Utility of WV before you dig by calling 811 or 1-800-245-4848. You can also visit www.wv811.com.
  10. What is Sissonville PSD's service responsibility?
    Sissonville PSD is responsible for public sewer mains, most of which are located in the public right of ways and easements.
  11. What is the property owners' responsibility?
    The property owner is responsible for all inside plumbing and the outside customer service line to the edge of the property or where the service line connects to the sewer main.
  12. What should I do if I notice an alarm light on at one of Sissonville PSD's lift stations?
    Please call the Sissonville PSD’s sewer emergency number 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at 304-984-3396.


To prevent odor and/or spontaneous flooding, Sissonville PSD recommends using a backflow preventer. Call Sissonville PSD for more information.


The purpose of all traps is to "trap" sewer gases from passing through and entering the home or business. If you have a drain that is not used often, chances are that the water in the trap has evaporated allowing the odor to escape. Pouring water into the drain periodically will prevent this. You can also pour vegetable oil into the drain since it won't evaporate.


The following are examples of hazardous material that should not be put into the sewer system: oil, grease, antifreeze, paint, paint thinners, solvents, medications, syringes, batteries, and insecticides. Please contact WV Waste Management at 304-348-5929 to determine the proper disposal methods.


You should refrain from putting cooking grease down your drain or meat in your disposal. The grease cools and forms a layer of grease on the inside of the sewer lines. Eventually the grease will build up and cause a blockage. If the blockage is within your service lateral, you are responsible for repairs.



Sissonville PSD
6438 Sissonville Drive
Sissonville, WV 25320

Billing: 304-759-8517
Emergency: 304-984-3396
Fax: 304-984-1044
General Inquiries: info@sissonvillepsd.com
Billing questions: billing@sissonvillepsd.com

© 2013 Sissonville. All Rights Reserved
Site Designed By: AMPN Design, LLC